Synergy Offers Telemedicine Services
If your schedule is hectic or you live a long way from our Synergy Office, we now offer Telemedicine Services that eliminate the office visit but still provide the great care.
Patients in Virginia and North Carolina (where we are licensed) are eligible to use this service.
The telemedicine consultations will be done via a secure Doxy.me connection.
“A telemedicine consult is a live video chat,” says Dr. Rebecca Ryder, “and we can cover almost all of our services like Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, functional medicine, and nutritional medicine.”
The two services that will not be provided through a telemedicine consult are acupuncture and Pellet Therapy.
“Telemedicine is having a positive impact on health care throughout the United States and the world, and we are very pleased to offer this service to our patients,” says Dr. Ryder.
How it works
- Patient requests a telemedicine consult instead of an office visit.
- Synergy obtains from patient a signed telemedicine consent form via fax or email.
- Synergy sets up the Telemedicine Consult and sends the patient an email with the link.
- At the time of the consult the patient clicks on the link with their Windows or Mac computer, or cell phone, follows a few instructions, and is connected to their Synergy provider — Dr. Linda Long, Dr. Rebecca Ryder, NP Kim Harris, or Certified Health Coach Denise Morrison.
- During the consult, patient can use their computer microphone or cell phone to talk with their provider.
- The fee structure for a telemedicine consult is the same as an office visit.
We encourage you to share this news with loved ones, friends and colleagues in Virginia and North Carolina who would use our services but live too far from our office.